Monday, October 1, 2007

The Doctors Office pt. 2

Important day today. Today decides whether or not I get to go to the MEPS in a few days, apply for my waiver, talk to a counselor and enlist. As opposed to waiting around for several months trying to get my blood pressure to a reasonable level before starting the entire MEPS process all over again.

So I woke up this morning and took my BP. 12670 Woot! Anyway, I get ready and head off to the doctors feeling pretty confident. Blah blah blah I get into the doctors office and the nurse takes my BP. 14076. Wow, 1 point away from glory. So the nurse leaves the room and the doctor (whom I've known since birth) comes in. He's very excited that I'm joining the military (his son and step son are both in the Army) and he cuts me a break. He looks back through my recent medical history and pulls 3 standards meeting BPs from there. GOOD TO FUCKING GO! Thank you Doctor Badass.

Now the next thing I have to worry about is my PULHES Physical Profile from MEPS. Currently it's 311111. The 3 being the category for things such as high blood pressure. Go figure. Anyway my recruiter said that once we get back down to MEPS and I get my waiver through it should change that 3 to a 1 meaning that, medically speaking, I would be qualified for every job the US military has to offer. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Josh said...

Good luck on your journey. I just finished up 4 years in the Marine reserve with one deployment to Iraq and a Purple Heart to prove it. I would love to have you sign up for the comment system the company I started provides. It allows for threading, a user identity across all our blogs and lots more. I wouldve just emailed you, but couldnt find it so I dont mean to sound spammy. You can find it at www.intensedebate.com