Friday, September 28, 2007

The Doctors Office

This blog is now officially up to date. Anyway

So I went to the doctors office today. Great fun. Let me begin. We arrived at the doctors (Pediatrician to be exact since I'm still under 18) and went into the well child waiting room. A lady came in and informed me and my mom that this would probably be my last visit since I was almost 18 making me feel even more out of place among all of these little kids and crying babys.

Finally they called for me and we went into a room and one of the nurses came in and asked what we were here for today. I gave her the spill on what I needed. (3 blood pressure readings under 140 over 90 and a note listing the readings and saying I was good to join the military) She looked at us funny and took my blood pressure. 126 over 73. Good, the aspirin is working. She then took it again. 129 over 77. Again, excellent. I look at her and she looks very worried. I ask her whats wrong and she says she'll be right back and quickly leaves the room. Here we fucking go. Another (pretty) lady comes in and begins taking my blood pressure in a slighty different way. She gets a 134 over 81. Still ok. Next a 138 over 84. Shit. It is at this point that I realize neither of the nurses wrote the readings down. FUCK.

The real doctor (Doctor Price) then comes in and we tell him whats up. I've seen this doctor before and he was pretty cool. He even showed me how to equalize the pressure in my ears or some shit and drew a diagram of how your ear, throat and nose are connected. Pretty cool. Anyway, after giving him the run down he takes my blood pressure on my other arm. 130 something over 80 something. Still fine. He then drops a bomb and says "Ok, so now I guess you just need to make two more appointments and I'll write that note." I inform him that his guess is FUCKING wrong and tell him that the MEPS doctor told me he would just have to get 3 good readings and write the note. Not 3 reading on seperate occasions.

Dr. Price looks absolutely puzzled. It is at this moment that I realize that I am, once again, fucked. He eventually agrees to take 2 more readings and guess what? 142 over 83 and 144 over 82. Apparently I can't catch a fucking break. I inform him that the nurses took several good readings and he then informs me that he is King Shit of Turd Island and that since he didn't take the readings they don't count. All coolness is at this point revoked.

As we were leaving I called my recruiter to leave him a message telling him that I got fucked at the doctor. Later in the day he drops by my house and while not nearly as pissed as he was at the MEPS he still seemed pretty frustrated and just told me to get it squared away and we would get down to MEPS and get me in the Army ASAP. At this point my $20,000 bonus is still gone but there is still a fairly high bonus out for the 11X(Infantry) MOS and if I can get down there and enlist next week I'll be able to snag that one and ship out Friday the 5th.

Oh well. I guess I'll try again on Monday with Dr. Campbell. He's known me since birth so maybe he'll cut me some slack.

No comments: