Friday, September 28, 2007

In the beginning...I grew a pair.

"Are you serious? *laugh* To do what?"

The answer to that phrase..."I'm joining the Army." I've never understood why most people respond so light heartedly to something so serious. But then again, what else can you say. Especially considering the current situation America has itself wrapped up in.

"WHAT?!? Why!?"

The answer to that response. "Infantry." Why Infantry? What could possibly make me want to join the Infantry? The honest answer? I don't know. I really don't. I've sat up night after night trying to come up with a reason as to why I would put myself into, arguably, the most dangerous job the US Military has to offer. To server my country? No. The money? No. To travel? No. The excitement? Sort of, but no. When I was researching the Army and looking through all of the MOS's (jobs) they have to offer, nothing gave me that little charge deep inside like 11X - Infantryman did. As cheesy and gay and retarded as it sounds, it just feels like I have to do it. I have to try.

Not really sure why I'm making a blog either. I read most blogs and think to myself, "Wow this is really fucking boring and stupid." but I suppose you have to talk to somebody about your feelings, even if its just a stupid website.

No comments: