Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Doctors Office pt. 3

So my recruiter stops by and informs me that the waiver was denied. Apparently I actually do need 3 good blood pressures over 3 different days. Bummer. So I get another appointment for the doctors.

Third times a charm right?

So I arose for another day of great fun. I'll skip all of the "fun" parts and just cut to the chase. 140 over 68...141 over 65...143 over 61 and so on. YAAAAAY! So I can't remember whether or not the disqualification point is 140 over 90 or 139 over 89. I just have the doctor write down the BP reading and the good BPs that I got from the other times I had been there just to be safe.

I take the note to my recruiter and he looks at the readings. I ask him if those meet the standards and he looks at the note and his eyes kind of go distant and he gives me a "uhhh....yeah". He has no clue. I go home and start to wonder what it would be like to just say fuck it and go apply for a civilian job.

Later that evening at about 8 my recruiter calls and tells me to just hang out by my phone the next day incase it goes through so that he can take me down to MEPS as a walk in. "Blah blah blah, yeah alright I'll talk to ya later."

30 minutes later my mom comes home and apparently right after my recruiter hung up with me he called my mom and my waiver has been accepted. I'm to be ready at 4 a.m. Something weird happened. I wasn't happy at all, or sad or anything really. No emotions. Nothing. It was actually happening. I took my sleep aids and passed out.

No comments: